Please contact the Committee by email for more information about the College of Stomal Therapy Nursing or to enquire about membership:
- To be the recognised professional organisation for all Stomal Therapy nurses in New Zealand.
- To recruit nurses practising, identifying with, and/or interested in Stomal Therapy care to belong to the NZNOCSTN Nurses National College.
- To practice within the protection, partnership and participation principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- To develop and disseminate Standards of Practice for Stomal Therapy Nurses.
- To provide a communications network for all members including regular newsletters, conferences and disseminating information on issues pertaining to Stomal Therapy nursing.
- To liaise with appropriate authorities on social and health issues relevant to Stomal Therapy nursing and community health.
- To encourage, promote and provide the development of educational programmes/seminars for Stomal Therapy nurses and those interested in Stomal Therapy care.
- To encourage and support research into Stomal Therapy nursing issues.
- To actively facilitate the ongoing strategic and professional development of Stomal Therapy nurses in conjunction with the appropriate health authorities.
- To promote Stomal Therapy nursing and increase the profile of Stomal Therapy Nurses.
- To communicate and liaise with other Stomal Therapy organisations at a national and international level.
- To support the objectives and activities of NZNO.