On this page:
Committee Job Descriptons
Stomal Therapy Knowledge and Skills Framework, 2021 (PDF,1.3MB)
Standards of Practice for College of Stomal Therapy Nurses (PDF, 290KB)
- These standards represent the College's views on what constitutes the requirements for the delivery of safe and effective nursing services.
- They underpin and guide best nursing practice and have practical application for the novice through to the expert practitioner.
- The standards of practice for NZNO College of Stomal Therapy Nurses (NZNOCSTN) are based on the generic NZNO Standards of Practice (2012) and are to be read in conjunction with them.
- These standards represent the outcomes against which stomal therapy nursing practice can be measured by consumers, employers, colleagues and nurses themselves.
- Guidelines for auditing the standards are included and will assist you to measure actual performance against the standards.
- These standards were prepared by NZNOCSTN, with assistance from Lorraine Ritchie and representatives from NZNO.
Education in Stomal Therapy Nursing
The College has endorsed the Australian College of Nursing, Graduate Certificate in Stomal Therapy Nursing. This has been recognised by a number of NZ education providers and may be included within a postgraduate studies programme offerred by these providers.